CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Sent our Passports for Visa Approval Today

Hi Everyone,

My adoption friend Angie received her little girl Mia in China today! Things are going "better" after a rough start so please keep her and her little one in your thoughts today!
Sent off the overnight package today for our passports to receive the Visa stamp from the Chinese Embassy. Aunt Marianne will be traveling with me to China, and I cannot thank her enough for coming along and all the support she will provide! I have been asked how to post a comment, so what you do is click on the comment link below the post and this will bring you to a page where you will need to sign in to get a google account if you do not have one. Very easy, and would love to hear from you all! Ella is waiting in the Shenzhen Social Welfare Institute in Shenzhen City. This is in the Guangdong Province. Dana, where is your daughter from? I should receive TA this week, and am sending positive thoughts to China to please send the approval! Would be great to be able to book our flights! I posted the time line of important dates that my fellow adoptive parents will appreciate! :) It gives the timeline of the whole process for this adoption minus the 6 months it took to get all the necessary paperwork/classes done in order to send my dossier to China. It is hard to believe that I started this process well over 3 years ago, and technically have been "pregnant" for over 2.5 years! This is actually longer than an elephant that is pregnant close to 2 years! Fun fact for the day! Hope you are all doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Do the passports go to China or just to an agency here?
    Ella is soo cute.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mom,

    They go to the Chinese Embassy in Los Angeles. I have to pay a company to hand carry them to the embassy and be stamped for the visa. Then, the company will send the passports back to me. Last of the paperwork until I receive the TA. There are eleven families waiting for TA with me! Hope to hear by Friday!!

    ReplyDelete