CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

What A Day!

Hi Everyone,

I am so sorry that I have not been able to keep everyone up to date, but I am sure you can imagine how crazy busy the past couple of weeks have been! I am getting closer to being ready for our big trip, but still have a lot of little things to do. Washed all of Ella's new clothes today, thank you everyone for your generosity! I also was able to pick out part of the gift for the nannies. I found out that they love the scented satchels that you can put in your drawers, so I was able to buy 12 of them from Kirkland. I will pick up some lip gloss tomorrow and be done with them. Now all I have to left to purchase is a gift for the orphanage director and for my coordinator that will be helping us during our stay in China.
Must share with you all Harley and my adventure today......Considering that I needed every possible minute of today to work on packing and making sure I have the right papers it was hard to understand why the gods conspired to ensure that did not happen! Went over to Mom and Dad's house to water the plants inside/out and almost all of Dad's new plants at the bottom of the hill were in trouble. Called him up and he says "put the system on manual and see if any water is coming out". So, I put the system on manual, go to the bottom of the hill, and half of the plants have no water. I then had to adjust each of the spikets to change the amount of water that comes out. Nothing happens. So I then go to the top of the hill, back to where the water box is located on the house, and there is now a pond because some animal has dug up the water line where Dad had two lines converging onto one and there is this four foot water fountain coming out of the ground. Before I could say HOLY SH....T, Harley ran over to the fountain and stared attacking it and proceeded to dig down to where the actual water line was!! (Saved me from digging it up but you can imagine my canine soaking wet and full of mud!!!!!!!!!) Once Harley finished digging up the line for me, I had to switch out the plastic T bracket that was holding all the lines together, cover the line and then bury it with a cover so animals cannot get back at it. An Hour and a half later, I had a happy Dog because she is covered with mud head to paw, happy Dad because I have fixed the problem and happy plants because they will all get water and survive our summer!! Got a laugh at life. Unbelievable!! :)Hope you all had a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment