CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Love Grandma

Hi Everyone,

Well we have had a roller coaster of emotions at our house the last few days! Ella had a rough Sunday missing her "China Mommy" and wanting to go home. We had been playing a game of who are you going to visit as I cleaned the kitchen, and after Ella pretended to visit her cousins Nina and Claire and her Aunt Julie and Aunt Marianne, she decided she was going to go visit her China Mom and then the next thing I know, Ella is standing in the kitchen telling me she wanted to be able to wear her sandals back to China and the dress and jewelry she was wearing. I knew we had suddenly turned from fantasy to reality and poor little miss Ella quickly went downhill. We were able to talk about her China Mom and living here and I will say, it was the first time we were able to talk about her emotions and she was able to tell me how she was feeling. Thankfully, Ella was able to draw on her resiliency and pulled her self out of her sadness to end the day on a happy note at the park. As heartbroken as I was for my little one, I was amazed that in only two month's time, we were able to communicate enough to help her find a happy space.
Fast forward to two days later, and my daughter tells me as I am cooking dinner that she "loves Grandma". I asked her if she said "You love Grandma" and she says "Yes, she is fun". I told her that is so great because Grandma loves her too and then asked who else she loves, and she says "I love Aunt Marianne she is so silly". Ha, love that adjective for Aunt Marianne! We are trying to stay healthy here and hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment