CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

The little steps to bonding!

Hi Everyone,

What a fun night Ella and I just shared! We "booed" two of our neighbors since we had thoughtfully been "booed" last night. Booing is putting together a Halloween treat basket with a cute note saying you have been booed and anonymously ringing the doorbell and leaving. At our first neighbors house Ella wanted nothing to do with the ringing and ditching idea, however, after Mom ran like a crazy lady after ringing the doorbell Ella was on board and took over for the next house. It was really fun and Ella laughed the whole time as we ran away like thieves in the night! My beautiful daughter told me she loved me tonight. At least that is what I thought she said as she was trying to read the words on one of our Halloween decorations. The word started with an I and the next thing she said was "I love you". Not wanting to react like a slobbering fool, I said "I love you too" and little miss Ella just smiled and went on eating her watermelon. Although it was not what she had intended, the little smile and acceptance of my saying I love her will keep me going for at least another week or so!! :) I will say that we are moving in the right direction for bonding as Ella will clarify her stories about her Mommy in China now by saying "My China Mommy" instead of just "My Mommy". I am hoping this is the next step in her beginning to say "My American Mommy" or "My Mom" or "Mom Rosey" really anything but "Eh" would be great. All good things in time!! We had our first post adoption visit by our social worker this Friday and everything went fine. Fortunately, Grandma and Grandpa were over for dinner and were willing to stay and occupy Ella's time while I spoke with the social worker. We have to complete two more visits over the next 18 months.
Tonight, little Miss Ella told me about the baby in her house in China and that she used to have to carry the baby all around on her back and said the baby was soooo heavy to carry in the front. Considering Ella only weighed 32lbs when we met, I cannot imagine her lugging a baby around but she definitely remembers having to do this and wanted me to know how strong she was. Ella is just so amazing and I have to laugh since she will occasionally ask me to carry her like a baby cradled in my arms. She thinks this is so funny and just loves it.
We had a rather hectic health week with four vaccine shots, a raging night fever and then a fever blister. We also had an episode of choking on our sea weed, and trauma nurse Mom acted like an incompetent boob for at least five seconds until thankfully my training kicked in and I was able to help her. I think this must be why they say you should not work on your own family in health care!! Poor baby, put she is such a champ! Ella continues to do well at school and for the first time completed the phonics page all by herself and got 22 out of 24 on the assignment. Not bad for four weeks in school!!
Hope you are all doing well!
ps- Cousin Laurie, Ella just adored your thoughtfulness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment