CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hmmmm, I thought playdates meant down time?


Hi Everyone,


I am very happy to report that Ella's doctor appointment yesterday came with great news! Her chest xray was relatively normal and that means no more work ups for that part! YEAH! Today we had our blood drawn for the necessary tests, and Ella was once again an amazing champ! The tech was going to call in people to hold her down, and I asked her not to call anyone as I would be able to help her and told her that Ella would not move just like most adults. True to fashion, she was able to handle the poke and was more interested in her band aid then anything else! As we waited we saw everyone come out with their arms wrapped and Ella was happy to see that she not only got her arm wrapped up but she also was able to put a sticker on top too! Today was our first true "time in" for Ella. Unfortunately after not listening to Mom, we went ahead and played with the answering machine and erased all the messages on the machine. Since we knew this was Mom's thing and not Ella's thing, we had to have a discussion on what that meant. Needless to say, this lead to crying and throwing our shoes which then resulted in the time in. Let me just say that having a time in where you have to have your child next to you as they work through their emotions is trying!!! Since my hearing had not fully recovered from the first visit to the school, I am pretty sure I am now deaf in my right ear!! Once Ella recovered enough to actually talk, we headed to the car for a "drive" which really means nap time. Later in the day, Ella had a neighbor over for a play date. Considering the amount of things for the kids to play with and the fact that they have their own little room for play away from Harley and Mom, you would think they could manage 15 minutes of play??? Ugh! We then went into activity mode and made some necklaces and painted a puzzle followed by baking Harley some of her favorite cheesy dog treats. Ella enjoyed herself and her new friend was so sad to leave! Fun time all around. My little one is learning to swim and managed to get her head under the water today! (Pic) Yeah! Ella also told me this morning that she liked school here in America vs her birth home. That was great to hear, and now I just need to work on getting her to eat her lunch at school. I think she is so excited to get to playtime, that she eats 10% and then heads out doors. This results in the massive breakdown we have when I pick her up from school. She will eventually pass out from exhaustion and when she wakes will eat her lunch and the snacks I bring. I know she will eventually work this all out, but have been working on the importance of lunch at school this week-end. Hopefully it will stick. Ella picked her lunch for the next week, so we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment