CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How do we say DISASTER?


Hi Everyone,

Let's just say that our first venture at school was, how would you say politely a TOTAL DISASTER?!! Poor thing. We had been working for the past two days on what school meant, where it was what we were going to do and although I received an excited "Yes school" after we had our teeth fixed, I think the reality of school was a whole different thing altogether. The kids in Ella's class were adorable and all came up to say hello, but this overwhelmed Ella and that is where things started to head down hill. After getting her calm enough to go outside with the class and watch the recess there was a "Ranger" visitor that was going to talk to the class. We decided to stay for the Ranger and listen to the presentation, but when he was done talking Ella was pretty much finished with the whole school thing. I am not sure I can hear out of my right ear yet, :) and the pitch and volume of her vocal expression had every teacher on the floor opening their door to find out what was going on. Needless to say, we had to leave the school at this point and head home. After getting some lunch and feeling good about being at home, we went back to all the drawings and added names to the kids faces and the teacher's name and talked about how being sad is ok but yelling and screaming is not ok at school. "Tears and sad ok, screaming not ok". I am hoping she understood what she was saying! We made some cookies to bring to class tomorrow, Grandma's idea and will give school another go. I contacted my manager to request some changes in my return date given the fact that I was suppose to start back on Monday and we are still dealing with some medical issues and now the school element. Hopefully we will be on track for next week. I also will be looking into pre-K classes as it was difficult to watch Ella's eyes glaze over during the Ranger presentation and her showing zero interest in the activities. The extra year in a repeat environment might help her feel more secure. In addition, given my daughter's constant desire to be first with everything, I think kinder might be setting her up for some unnecessary feelings of failure. Will see how tomorrow goes and get a little more feedback from the kinder teacher. Including a pic of Ella riding on her bike. Great smile! Our love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment