CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

What a champ!

Hi Everyone,

All I can say after today is that my daughter is the most amazing strong individual! Our day started with an outing to the park where they have this great playground along with a nice grass area for Harley. Ella Xiao loves the swings, so of course this was were we spent a good 30 minutes at the start of our visit. Unfortunately they did not have the grownup swings but the kind that have the bucket seat and Xiao, only weighing 38lbs, was a cinch to fit in. After I could no longer push her due to the bilateral rotator cuff tears from pushing, :) I suggested she try out the slides. Well my little one had bilateral blister burns on the back of her legs from the seat and didn't even notice it until she went down the slide. UGH! I felt horrible, and of course because she was being so stoic and I am on my knees taking a look to see how bad they really are. It was at this moment when Harley decided to make an entrance to check out what I was looking at. This untimely entrance resulted in a pretty big melt down for Xiao that had all the mothers looking over at me and wondering if my dog had bit this poor child. Out of about five women, one ventured up to inquire what had happened. When I looked up at her with what I am sure must have been a "you have got to be kidding me look" she said "Oh is she with you?" Too funny however, not so much at that moment. We made it home where I was able to put my old nursing skills to use and before long my daughter was repeating that she was too big for those swings and they were bad. We managed to recover and meet our cousins Hanna and Connor and Aunt Ann-Marie for lunch at the McDonalds play land and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The play set was amazing and Xiao loved to climb to the top and be as fast as she could! Our dental appointment was at 2pm so after a quick nap, we headed to the doctor and my daughter was truly a champ. The doctor managed to fill seven cavities and fixed all four of Xiao's top teeth. He used nitrous during the procedure, and Xiao was the perfect patient. The only time she became upset was when the gas wore off and she did not like the sensation that her mouth was numb. I had to pull out the snow white dress I was saving for Halloween when we got home, and this pretty much diverted her until her mouth was working again! :) I wish her doctor could have seen the look on her face when we got ready for bed tonight and she realized that all her teeth were fixed. She kept pointing to them and giving a thumbs up. She now has a Hollywood perfect smile in time for school. I am so thankful to her doctor and the entire group at LaCourt's office for fitting us in and doing an extraordinary job. We are going to Xiao's new school in the morning and meet the teacher during recess time, and I hope things will go well. Our love to all....

No comments:

Post a Comment