CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

We are home!

Hi Everyone,



We made it home today! In all my different scenarios in my head, never did I envision our homecoming! We were met at the airport by Uncle Chuck, and despite his big size, we even smiled at him. Could have been the very cool hello kitty bag he gave Xiao, but one never knows! :) It was a nice transition to Arizona, and since Marianne and I had parked our cars at Chuck and Kristi's new house, we got lunch and hung out for awhile. Xiao really enjoyed playing with her cousin's train set and really liked Charile's room with the monkey. Although I was a little nervous about leaving Aunt Marianne, we were very interested in our new car and our new car seat which is so fun to click into and out of. Xiao even managed a quick 30 minute nap on our drive down to Tucson and woke refreshed and still a little anxious as to what going to our house really meant. Since we had no food in the house, we needed to stop at the grocery store for bananas and watermelon our staples these days. After noticing the chocolate in the healthy food isle, I gave into Xiao's request for the chocolate. Although I tried to persuade her to get the one with peanut butter inside, Xiao was adamant that we get the mint one. After checking out and trying our first juice box, we snapped into our car seat and were on our way home. I told Xiao that she had to share her mint patties, one for Mom and two for Xiao, and after happily watching Mom eat hers, Xiao shoved the whole patty in her mouth. So, here I am giving a running dissertation on our neighborhood, the park, how the gates work etc, and it took us about 15 minutes to get home during which Xiao would just nod her head and I watched with growing anxiety as her lips became pursed and she would not talk. As we pulled into the driveway, we were met by my neighbor Marie and her son Jason who happened to be passing by. Although she smiled, Xiao would not say hello. My wonderful friend Mindy and my neighbor Shiela decorated our front door with balloons and all things hello kitty which was still met with only a nod and a smile. No words. As I opened the door and introduced Xiao to her new playroom and bedroom, I watched in horror as her face became more anxious and her eyes were as big as saucers. Finally, when I asked for the 100th time if she was ok, Xiao opened her mouth and in it was the ENTIRE mint patty! Needless to say, it promptly went from mouth to shirt to pants to floor. UGH!! Poor thing! She had this chocolate in her mouth for no less than 20 minutes and was too upset to let me know! We will be working on this issue along with her very serious/stoic demeanor! Xiao has a wonderful playful side and the best laugh and hope to hear more and more of that! After we were cleaned and dressed in new clothes, we happily went from bedroom to playroom and after finding the princess dress up drawer and puzzle drawer happily played until dinner. I don't think I will ever forget her face as she opened her mouth and all that chocolate came out! What a homecoming!!! Bed time went smoothly, and Xiao does love her new room and after putting her doll to bed happily climbed into hers. Looking forward to tomorrow and having Xiao meet her cousins Conner and Hanna and of course her dog Harley! Love to all and a special thanks to Aunt Marianne for coming with us to China and sharing in this amazing adventure.
p.s. Will attempt to download some pics and post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment