CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 30, 2009

We met some more of our cousins today!


Hi Everyone,

Today Ella had a great day. After playing at our park with Harley, where Ella found it so amusing that Harley loved to go down the slide too, we met Aunt Mindy, and our cousins Tate, Edie and Macy at McDonalds play land! What a day. Ella was too fast for her cousins on the play gym, so after explaining that her cousins needed her to show them the way, she grabbed Tate's hand and off they went. The girls had a great time and then we all came back home for swimming. Unfortunately, Ella's cousins are fishes and seeing them swim Ella would not get in her pool. She was pretty exhausted at this point, so all the girls had fun in a big bubble bath and watched Thumbelina to wind down. (Pic). Once our visitors left, Ella slept for a good hour. Now if only I could figure out how to get her to rest in her room during the day vs driving in the car. Small steps....
Ella is very excited for school tomorrow, and I had her help pack her lunch before bedtime so that she knows what she will be eating and also what is in each container. Hopefully we will manage at least half of our lunch tomorrow before playtime. I am planning on going back to work this week starting on Tuesday if all goes well. We are planning to hear nothing but more good news from the doctor and appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers on that front. One more update I am happy to share, when Ella rode her bike tonight after dinner as we walked Harley (part of our nighttime routine) she wanted to hold my hand the whole way. I have to giggle at the moments Ella picks for closeness... In my one hand I have a 65lb dog pulling on her leash at everything that moves because she thinks it is a lizard, and while holding Ella with my other hand I have to try and keep her upright on her bike and moving forward all the while smiling and laughing at how absurd we must look! :) I just love these moments!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are doing this! The pics are great and she is seriously beautiful. You have your hands full, more than you can imagine (I know, painful). xo Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jewels,

    I know you know my pain! :) LUV

    ReplyDelete