CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

We are doing well at school!







Hi Everyone,

Pics are for our first full day at school! Ella is doing really well at school and has found a partner in crime in just one day. In Ella's class is a little girl from Vietnam named Mary, and she and Ella are as thick as thieves. Unfortunately, Mary does not speak any English either!! :) It is nice to see my daughter holding hands with her new friend and at play time all the kids are playing together which is just great! I volunteered for lunch time duty and was able to see Ella which was fortunate because yesterday she did not eat any of her lunch. They only have about 25 minutes to eat, and Ella could easily take 60 minutes. It was helpful to get her items out of her lunch bag and then open them for her so that she could eat. I will be packing easy items from now on and will be volunteering for the next couple of days until my leave is up. I am headed back to work next week which will actually be nice except for the fact that I need a VACATION! Ha, I am sure all my fellow Moms can understand that feeling or for that matter all my friends! These four weeks just flew by. My wonderful daughter burst into tears when she saw me again today. I know part of this is exhaustion but it is difficult to see and although I know we are still at baby steps in terms of attachment, it is hard to take. Unfortunately Ella is back to wiping my kisses off and will still not call me Mom unless her guard is down. Baby steps I know, but still very difficult to deal with on a day to day basis. I don't know how to explain this to everyone, and I am well prepared to continue the necessary work to help my daughter attach, but WOW I did not realize how four weeks of pushing and rejection from my daughter can take its toll! :) We will make it, and as I said before I left for China, I am looking forward to the next year and being able to look back and appreciate all of the difficult moments that eventually will lead to a healthy attached little girl. Pics include Ella's wonderful new kinder teacher, Mrs. Duplenty. All for now from this very exhausted lady, our love to all.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there - I jsut wanted to say - my daughter used to do the burst into tears thing too - even now (at almost5) sometimes when we get in the car - she lets her eshaustion down from the day and the flood gates open...maybe 3 x per month...I try to have a little snack in the car when I pick her up and some water.... A few mins later - all better - glad her school is going better! She is adorable!
    Carol in FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Tammy's sister, Wendy - the one who has been praying for Ella since I first saw her on the Waiting Child Website. I was so excited when tammy told me that you have a blog, because now I know how I can keep on praying for this little girl and her very tired mom. I am glad you are getting some smiles at school- that is a bonus. I hope that you have a job like I do, that leaves you renergized rather than dragged down. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol,

    Thanks so much for sharing your daughter's experience! I do the snack trick and she does usually fall asleep on the way home. Total exhaustion all around I suppose! What is your blog's name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy,

    Thank you so much for all your prayers for Ella!! It is so nice to be able to follow Tammy's blog and see how their little one is doing too! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete